Penna Electric offers Electrician Services, Electrical Rewiring and Wire Replacement, and Circuit Breaker Upgrades. We serve residential and commercial customers in West Los Angeles and the 310 area code, including Torrance, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach, Redondo Beach, Palos Verdes, Lawndale, Westchester, Playa del Rey, El Segundo and everything in between.
Our Pledge To You
Here at Penna Electric, when we say we will be “On Time, On Demand, On Budget” we actually mean it…it’s much more than a slogan. What sets us apart is our commitment to customer service and making sure our work is done correct and to your liking. It’s why nearly all our reviews are 5 stars. Find out why we are the #1 electricians in the South Bay. We are also committed to providing you with the highest quality of service and ensuring you, as a customer, are informed about electrical safety and how to accurately describe your issues, ideas and desires.
Why You Should Consider Repairs by Professional Electricians
Electrical repair covers quite a large number of different tasks and situations. When the lights shut off suddenly, the solution may call for no more than a new light bulb or a flick of the breaker box switch. If neither of those steps works, you should call a professional. Certified on a host of electrical repair procedures, Penna Electric electricians provide fast, safe service you can rely on.
What to Look For
Some of the most common home and office electrical repairs deal with faulty wiring and power surges. Initially, frequent blackouts may present no more than an irritating trip to the circuit breaker, but they can grow into expensive, even dangerous, problems. Here’s a quick rundown of signs you may need to have some repairs completed by professional electricians:
- If you see strange discoloration around an electrical outlet, such as brown streaks or charring
- If you are able to hear a buzzing noise emanating from an outlet
- If all the lights and appliances in a room shut off every time you turn something on, constantly tripping the circuit breaker, this may be faulty wiring or “over-fusing”
- When you smell any type of odd odor and can’t locate the source, generally a burning, rubbery scent
Any one of these may only be a symptom of a larger problem, an electrical repair requiring a professional electrician.
Let the Pros Take Care of Your Electrical Repairs
Even rather minor electrical repairs are best left to the professional electricians, and not just because they are experts. If licensed electricians do not properly solve a problem the first time, you will receive a return visit to take care of it free of charge.
Also, the repairs electricians make are covered by insurance plans. In many cases, if a DIY project damages something in your home or office, you will be liable for the full cost of the damages as well as fixing the initial repair attempt. That can get pretty expensive if the electrical repair results in a more serious problem.
Perhaps most importantly, though, is safety. The amount of electrical current running through the circuits of a building can prove injurious, even lethal. Properly shutting down power, grounding circuits, knowing which wires to touch, and wearing the proper goggles, gloves and other safety equipment requires more resources and training than that generally possessed by the general public. There are a lot of factors to keep in mind when maintaining a safe work environment around electrical currents, and the risks outweigh the rewards.
What You Can Do
While electrical repair does require the skills of a professional, there are many ways you can maintain the electrical systems in your home to keep them running optimally.
- Don’t try to fix an electrical cord, just buy a new one. Faults in the cord can cause faults in the wiring of the building.
- Don’t use extension cords as a permanent solution.
- Be careful not to overload the circuits in your home by plugging in too many high-energy devices, like washing machines, refrigerators, etc., in the same area.
- Only use the recommended wattage for light bulbs in your home or office.
- At least once a year, check that the circuits in your house are working properly by flipping off all the switches in your breaker box, then checking to see that they all flip back on smoothly.
At Penna Electric, we specialize in electrical repairs for both homes and businesses. Our professional electricians are prompt, efficient and safe. We’re proud to provide the best electrician services to Hermosa Beach, Manhattan Beach, Redondo Beach, Palos Verdes, Lawndale, Westchester, Playa del Rey, El Segundo and many more. If you have any questions about the wiring in your home or would like to schedule a routine inspection, please Contact Us today!
Penna Electric’s Clients