Solar Panel Installation
Get off the grid! Penna Electric can convert your home or building to solar power.
‘Getting off the grid’ means installing solar panels that convert sunlight to electricity. Our technicians can plug that electricity into your electrical system. In most cases, a converted solar system can produce more electricity than you need, so Stop Paying those mounting electric bills!
For details, read on. To get it done, call us at (800) 259-9070.
Solar technology has changed a lot in the last few years. The concept became possible in the late 1970′s but was expensive. Now for almost nothing out of pocket, it is possible to purchase and install solar panels in such a way that it makes sense.
Not all buildings can take solar panels easily. Architecture and location play a major role. To get started, call and schedule a time for one of our dedicated staff to help you understand how solar works. This will take less than 30 minutes.
How it works:
1. We screen the property to see if solar will work:
- a. Slope and direction of roof
- b. Square footage of available installation area
- c. Evaluate tree’s, neighboring buildings, etc.
2. Evaluate current electric consumption through analysis of recent electric bills. We are looking to see if enough electricity is consumed, and if enough can be produced after considering #1 and #2 to make solar conversion financially viable. Not all homes are the same, and two identical homes in different locations can be quite different.
3. Present electrical cost savings and installation cost breakdown to you.
Solar systems become a permanent part of the structure, but can easily be replaced (and insured) for damage caused by the falling tree or misplaced teenager. Permits are required but are part of the analysis.